Despite the fact that my son saw me baking today in the kitchen, dancing around in my Hello Kitty pants while rocking out to Ozzy, he still asked me when I had gone to Perkins to get this pile of cookies. Yep, they’re good. If you like crispy cookies, keep movin’ – these are gooey and chewy and SO not good for your butt size. Hey, do you want me to lie to you?
If you have an event like a bake sale, I like to use a regular sized ice cream scoop to portion this. It will make about 18 of that size, which easily sell for $1 each for whatever charity you’re baking for.
- 1 cup (2 sticks) softened butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 twelve-ounce bags semisweet chocolate chips (18 oz.)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla.
- In another bowl, mix together the flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- With your fingers, place golf-ball sized dough portions 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 9-12 minutes or just until edges are light brown. Don’t overbake them!