Choosing to go dye-free can be overwhelming when you start, considering a lot of kids practically LIVE on brightly colored snacks. It seems impossible that you’ll be able to make the switch without meltdowns. Here are 11 dye-free snacks that can make the transition a little bit easier…
1. Yummy Earth Gummy Bears - With real fruit extracts and no gluten, dairy, nuts, soy, or artificial colors and dyes.
2. UnReal Candy - If you like Snickers®, Reese’s®, M&M’s®, Peanut M&M’s® or Milky Way®, discover the unjunked, UNREAL taste of candy made from all real stuff!
3. Simply Fruit Roll Ups - With 95% fruit/fruit juice and no dyes, this is a slightly better version of your childhood favorite.
4. Yummy Earth Lollipops - Certified Organic, real fruit extracts, kosher, and no gluten, tree-nuts, peanuts, GMO’s, dairy, soy, or artificial colors/dyes. And with flavors like Mango Tango and Wet Face Watermelon — how can you go wrong?
5. TruJoy Organic Candy Canes - When we went dye-free this was one of the biggest things the kids missed - because who doesn’t want candy canes around Christmas? TruJoy uses natural colors and flavors, and real organic brown rice syrup and sweeteners to create a healthier and better tasting product. Made without corn syrup. Vegan, vegetarian, non-GMO.
6. Goldfish Crackers - the quintessential childhood favorite of toddlers everywhere is now made completely dye free, even the rainbow version!
7. Nature’s Path Toaster Pastries - If you’re not up for baking your own — these Frosted Cherry Pomegranate Toaster Pastries beat anything that rhymes with Top Part.
8. Cascadian Farms Fruitful O’s - Put down the Froot Loops and pick up this naturally fruit flavored sweetened organic corn and oat cereal.
9. Yoplait Trix Yogurt - Yoplait Trix Yogurt comes in silly, swirly flavors kids love, without high fructose corn syrup, artificial flavors, or sweeteners. It’s still the same bright, fun, colorful snack, only better.
10. Annie’s - All of Annie’s snacks, from their cheddar bunnies to their fruit snacks, are colored using natural fruit and vegetable dyes.
11. Cheeto’s Naturals - While it’s not the exact consistency of a REAL Cheeto, it will definitely take care of a crunchy cheesy snack attack.