I have always loved mineral makeup, but I go in spurts when I get lazy and just want to use a tinted moisturizer (something light for summer) or a heavier liquid foundation in the colder months. Honestly, my makeup bag almost doesn’t zip. I should take a moment here to say I am VERY picky when it comes to makeup. I would rather skimp on cheap underpants, or cheap toilet paper than to buy junky makeup I’m only going to throw away anyway. Not to mention, some of the questionable ingredients that you find in a lot of those “bargain” brands irritate my sensitive skin, and are probably giving me skin cancer or other assorted maladies from using them.
Recently I was given the chance to review liquid mineral foundation by Advanced Mineral Makeup. I was excited, because I’ve seen that brand name floating around on the internet and it sounded like a great premise - mineral + liquid. Sha-bang! Best of both worlds. Advanced Mineral Makeup is a 100% natural makeup line. Unlike other makeup brands, it contains no parabens, preservatives, or harsh chemicals that would irritate your skin. These products are actually used on the set of Grey’s Anatomy and NCIS because they’re so camera-friendly!
You can choose your shade from this handy dandy chart:
Now, I’ll be honest here — I didn’t love this makeup. I had two problems, and these are MY problems and won’t necessarily affect your success with the brand. One, the color wasn’t great for me. Like I said, I wanted to try the liquid, so my options were “cream puff” or “creme brulee” and I chose “cream puff” because I’m one step above the coloring of an extra on the Walking Dead. I was afraid to go for the darker of the two because I didn’t want it to be orange-y on me. Unfortunately, the shade I DID pick was far too light for even me. It had great coverage - but I looked comically white faced.
The second problem I had was that it’s VERY drying. I felt like I was trying to smooth on spackle, and it immediately settled into the lines on my face. I know - I’m not exactly an 80 year old woman but I DO have a few fine lines in there! However, I’ve said before in a lot of my makeup reviews, I have EXTREMELY dry skin. Perhaps this would be better suited for someone with normal to oily skin for the best results.
About the Liquid Mineral Foundation:
- Great for sensitive skin as well as those who suffer from acne, rosacea, broken capillaries, and hyper-pigmented skin.
- It boosts the natural function of the skin by stimulating cell grown to rejuvenate tired skin.
- It’s lightweight, but build-able if you’re someone who needs more coverage.
About the Pressed Powder Compacts:
- Stays on all day, is transfer-proof.
- Will not settle into fine lines and wrinkles.
- Four-In-One Product: foundation, concealer, powder, SPF (ingredients provide natural protection)
About the Loose Powder Foundation:
- Supercharged 3 in 1 Advanced Loose Mineral foundation functions as a foundation, powder, and concealer!
- Combing SPF 30 UVA/UVB broad-spectrum protection with Antioxidants A and E to further fight and prevent free radical damage to keep skin feeling and looking like silk.
- Giving you easy to apply light and beautiful coverage on its own or with other Advanced Mineral products.
All of these products can be purchased at the website of Advanced Mineral Makeup.
I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.