All About Nicole
Hello there, reader-type person!
So I’m supposed to have a more concise “About Me” page, but I can’t really think of anything else to say about myself that you can’t already glean from my writing. I like bullet points though, so let’s run with that.
- I’m Nicole, the owner of One Punky Mama.
- I enjoy long walks on the beach and poking dead things with a stick… oh wait, that’s not what we were going for.
- I’m a 29 year old mama (ok, ok, I’m not 29 but I have my kids trained to tell people I am) of 3 awesome kiddos, 3 obnoxious kitties and 1 spoiled dog.
- I live partly in the Lehigh Valley, PA and partly on Long Beach Island, NJ. Life is good like that.
- I have been a writer since I was old enough to hold a pencil.
- I have been on the Internet before the Internet was the Internet. Before that, it was Prodigy and BBS’. Basically, I was born with a jack in the back of my neck like Neo in the Matrix.
- I am an ex-punk girl who now drives a minivan, but still tends to dance around the grocery store if the Ramones come over the sound system.
- I am a total 80’s fanatic. I will break into random hair band ballads at the drop of a hat.
- We are an Army family! Yes, we go through deployments, and yes I get cranky about it. Yes, I’ve even gone through an entire pregnancy alone while my husband was in Iraq. He came home just in time for me to throw up on his boots while I was in labor.
- I have ADHD and so does my eldest son. I spend my life telling him to think before he speaks and to not be impulsive - while I set the worst example for not thinking before I speak and being impulsive. Life is never dull here.
- My kids are academic rock stars and attend a public cyber school here in Pennsylvania. This means they school at home, and we can regularly be found running amok in the Lehigh Valley during school hours.
- I love cooking and baking! Despite my bitchin’ DSLR and many years of photography experience I do not love Foodgawker and Tastespotting. I am pretty sure they are run by 15 year olds who hate me.
- I regularly spout off my mouth about just about everything. My opinions aren’t necessarily one size fits all.
Questions? Comments? Gifts?
You can find me here: email@example.com
And here: http://www.facebook.com/OnePunkyMama
And also here: http://twitter.com/onepunkymama
And sometimes here: http://pinterest.com/onepunkymama/